• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-6 or CH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

I have the option of picking up some Mushkin PC3200 Lvl 1 memory (which I've been told is CH-5), or some Corsair PC3200 memory that is BH-6.

Which is preferable?

I would agree, and although CH-5 can typically overclock further on less volts, it can't run tight timings like BH-6 can.

Newegg has Corsair PC2700 with 2-2-2-5 timings that's BH-6 if you're looking. Make sure it's the 2-2-2-5 stuff, though, or you'll get CH-6.

None of the "CH" chips like anything about 2.8v (actual). You have to go Clear up to 3.1-3.2 to get anything better than 2.75-2.8 and at this voltage with this ram, it will fry within weeks or months.

BH-6's will do 235-250 @ 2-2-2 @ 3.1 - 3.3v SAFE (as long as they are cooled properly).

I have the option of picking up some Mushkin PC3200 Lvl 1 memory (which I've been told is CH-5), or some Corsair PC3200 memory that is BH-6.
What is your *MAXIMUM* DIMM / RAM voltage?

IF you are limited to 2.8v or even 2.9v.....do NOT get BH6. You would be FAR better off using CH5 @ 2-2-3-11

People said that's due to a voltage regulator on the chip and it seems 3.1-3.2v is enough to overflow the voltage regulator, but don't forget bh6 is about double the price of ch5.

Sentential said:

What is your *MAXIMUM* DIMM / RAM voltage?

IF you are limited to 2.8v or even 2.9v.....do NOT get BH6. You would be FAR better off using CH5 @ 2-2-3-11

Very good point.I can hit 250 with my bh-6,but it does take 3.3 volts.:)

Back