• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Input on these OCZ; for an AMD system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But it is likely stores still have bh5 will charge an arm and a leg for it because bh5 is dis-continued because winbond quit the ram market.:cry:

Last edited:
So is that ram I mentionned BH-5? What is going to happen when it all runs out? Should we hopefully expect for prices to go back down? I can't take this anymore.:eek:

that ram won't be bh-5 most likely it will be ch-5. ch-5 is still god especially if you don;t have real high voltage options on your mb.

dreIU,

That particular memory would be fine for your NForce2 setup. What in particular would you like to do with the system? Are you planning on a particular overclock goal or do you want to just run stock speeds?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you with purchasing memory.

-Sean

Well, there isnt really a goal that I have set. I just want this system to last me another year and a half before I build a new one. I hate the memory I have now... it could only do 210fsb at 2.8volts, and I think that it can no longer do that (because the system crashes all of a sudden just like it did before I RMA'ed it a few months back. And yes, it does this at stock speeds too, and the windows error message says the there was an error with the Rapi Access Memory, and to run a test program, maybe memtest86). So I am positive that this memory has got to go.

I dont expect to get anything higher than 210fsb on this board, and I have, over the time, come to accept that. I do not want to volt mod the mobo.

The timings on my memory are also poor. I think it is now at 7-3-3-2.5 and I am pretty sure that it is no good.

I am thinking about selling it after I RMA it again in order to save up for some better memory; or is there a point in getting better memory? I dont know... let me know what you think.

I guess ch5 will suit you just fine, it will overclock better than bh6 at low voltage, no point of getting bh6 unless you can get high enough voltage, I didn't mention bh5 because they are VERY hard to get.

I am afraid the only way to be 100% sure was to take off the headspreader and take a look at the chip itself, but it voids your warranty............

OMG, so there is no way I know what i will get. I guess i will stick with what i have for now. hopefully, the prices will drop by the time i will update. :rolleyes:

You could try take a look at the chip by using a strong light and see the ram at an angle, that may help you to see is it bh6 or not.

Back