• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3200 running as PC2700 on Asus A7N8X Dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LogRus

A friend of mine just bought 2x512 PC3200 OCZ Performance ram sticks for his system but they run as PC2700 :confused:

His system:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD AXP 2500+
1GB (512x2) OCZ Peformace Series DDR400
Radeon 9500 PRO
Some 350 Watt PSU that came w/his Dynamax case.

Anybody else had same probs? He said he spend hours on it, but didn't find the solution to fix it. I never had this mobo and I never had this problem.. hope to have some help from you guys.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Is the Asus A7N8X bios the same format as the Intels Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and such?? if not i cant help which i wwould like to but im not experienced with AMD boards

Since the Barton 2500 runs at 166FSB (pc2700 speed) you need to manually go into the bios and overclock the system to the rams speed of 200Mhz. Remember the RAM doesn't overclock the system....the system overclocks the ram

Steve

El<(')>Maxi said:
So when he manually set's the RAM speed/timings in BIOS it won't boot? Or has he tried that yet?

Yep, tried that, says his system just won't boot.

Is the Asus A7N8X bios the same format as the Intels Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and such?? if not i cant help which i wwould like to but im not experienced with AMD boards

Sorry he doesn't have info on that, neither to do I, but I guess it's alike :).

Since the Barton 2500 runs at 166FSB (pc2700 speed) you need to manually go into the bios and overclock the system to the rams speed of 200Mhz. Remember the RAM doesn't overclock the system....the system overclocks the ram

Did that... but :(.....
His exact words:
"***yeah i triied
wouldnt boot and failed memory test at 200mhz"

Thank you all for all of your help! It's very appriciated, hopefully it'll be figured out soon if somebody had same issues :).

If his CPU is locked...odds are he is not doing something correct...as in upping the core voltage...my 2500 took over 2v's to run at 200FSB...so if the system is not booting when setting his FSB to 200FSB...then it is not a ram issue but a CPU issue...

Back