• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How cold and how fast?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juice2

Registered
I have a 2.4c lying around and I want to try to put in my vapo but before I do, cause it such a chore(for me) to take everything out. What speeds should I expect it to run? Forget about the other factors, just make a guess.

pentium 4c average 3.8ghz under sub zero temps.

with your 2.4c, you will be reaching 320fsb !!! doubt your mobo can handle that. ha ha

I'd say about 3.5Gz for a 2.4C. You need at least a 2.8C to really get a benefit from a phase change system. That would hit around 4GHz.

craig588 said:
I'd say about 3.5Gz for a 2.4C. You need at least a 2.8C to really get a benefit from a phase change system. That would hit around 4GHz.

No you don't. The chip does not effect the ability of the phase change system.

The problem that you are going to run into with the 2.4C is it requires a high FSB to max out the chip. Most of the time, you will reach the max FSB of the MB before the CPU reaches its full potential.

I have seen plenty of AI7s and IC7s go above 300mhz FSB. There are some issues with the dividers dropping out at that point, and the system may become unstable. If you are just going for some high screen shots and benches, try using clockgen once you are at and above 300mhz.

Most MOs will make it to 300, provided the MB can hadle the speeds, and a lot of D1s will make it there too. Remember each CPU is different, over all the 2.4C is a good one, and should go quite far for you.

Don't forget to post back results.

that was exactly my point. My P4C800E-D doesn't even go past 292MHz, let alone 300Hz.

Back