• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper X 3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

Got it in the mail. I think this was a great deal. Even though the FSB is low, the price is so right. There is NO WAY im spending $350 on BH6. I would much rather have a 9800 pro and new mobile barton plus some beer.

I'll post later tonight with the results. Like I said, I am not expecting a great overclock, just sturdy, cheap RAM.

James

Cool, can you take a look under the heatspreaders to see which winbond chip you got? Some people said they got bh5 from it. :eek:

I'm getting mine in tomorrow. For $194, there's no way you can go wrong. Lets see how we do... ;)

I'm guessing I'd do worse because of the pickiness of my memory controller.

I would definitely not expect BH anything. It's days are long over. They're basically non-existant, unless you want to spend ridiculous prices. However, they should be packed with some very nice CH5.

Gautam said:
I'm getting mine in tomorrow. For $194, there's no way you can go wrong. Lets see how we do... ;)

I'm guessing I'd do worse because of the pickiness of my memory controller.

I would definitely not expect BH anything. It's days are long over. They're basically non-existant, unless you want to spend ridiculous prices. However, they should be packed with some very nice CH5.

Heh, i payed 184 :X , The khx works fine with the a64 mem contoller unlike some other mem brands. Good stuff too cheap and bh5 in my case :)

Still at the office. Will be home and testing these puppys out in less than an hour. Check back here either tonight or tommorow if you are curious as to my results.

SK8 said:

Heh, i payed 184 :X , The khx works fine with the a64 mem contoller unlike some other mem brands. Good stuff too cheap and bh5 in my case :)

What speeds are you running your 2x512 dw45 chips at? I had probs with mine at any speeds above 190MHz in an A7N8X. The 256MB DW50 stick I have works fine at speeds above 200MHz.

Right. Some people were saying that before a certain date, dw45 were BH-5. I wanted to make sure that's not SK8 was trying to say. My experience was that mine were def not BH-5.

The wierd thing to me is that CH-5 should atleast do 200MHz at lower timings right? These refused to do anything above 190 at any reduced timings or increased voltage.

Well I had to hammer out some issues with this stuff last night but it seems to be running well now. I will know tonight if it can run at stock speeds. After that, the fun begins.

mtlcafan79 said:

What speeds are you running your 2x512 dw45 chips at? I had probs with mine at any speeds above 190MHz in an A7N8X. The 256MB DW50 stick I have works fine at speeds above 200MHz.

Are you running the newest bios? Certain nforce2 northbridge revisions where incompatible with bh-5 chips, but it got fixed with a bios upgrade.

Cant post pics since I don't have a DC and I don't feel like prying the spreaders off anyhow.

Runs at stock speed just fine. I am stressing at 374 right now. It's a long way to 400. I read that CH5 doesn't like more than 2.8 volts. I am currently running at 2.7 since my board only supports as low as 2.6 and it feeds an additional .1 for some reason. Not going to have much time tonight but I will keep posted.

Got it running at 386 now with tight timings. I had to feed it that extra .1 which is suprising to me since I thought CH5 didn't like more than 2.8. Oh well its priming and I will know tonight whether or not its stable. I doubt I will get to 400...

Both of my 512 sticks that are dw45 do 2-2-2-6 @ 200mhz @ 2.7v , i ran memtest for 3 hrs on each stick no errors, i think i might ebay it and get some pc3200 since my msi board wont let me oc :X

This RAM is probably good for about 380. I don't want to loosen it up any. I don't really care about overall clock. I'm below 2ghz but Far Cry runs faster.

That, and not spending an arm and a leg are what my goals boil down to.

Back