• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy ABIT Serillel2™ Kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

Where to buy ABIT Serillel2™ Kit? (AKA PATA to SATA Adapter)

Hello all i was going to setup raid for my new nf7-s and i need another PATA to SATA adapter now ive been reading stuff on how the first ABIT Serillel™ Kit did not work with certain motherboards and now i guess they made a new revision called the ABIT Serillel2™ Kit. My question is does newegg carry this because here is the productlinkbut it does not mention anything of it being revision 2 it actually states that this is "Not compatible with new ABIT IC7/ IC7-G/ IS7/ IS7-G Series Motherboards". Then i go to exacilber PC and here is thier product link and they call it ABIT Serillel2™ Kit and say "Backward compatible with all ABIT motherboards equipped with SATA support. However, 'Hot Swap' feature only works on newer models like IC7 & IS7 Series." Now i prefer to buy from newegg is the only reason i ask but if they dont carry it then ill go to exacliber. One last thing im not clear on the issue on why the first revision was bad but all i want to know is if this revision 2 fixed it and will it work on other mobos in the future? And i would imagine the revision 2 would work with the revision 1 which was packaged with my mobo..
Thanks in Advance
Eddie

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply... the thing is i know that rev 1 will work on my mobo but i dont want to buy something now that wont work later on with different boards.. thats why if im going to blow 30 bucks on the kit i would like for it to work with other boards..
Eddie

well thanks again i orderd from excaliber hopefully its what i want and raid 0 is worth it.
Eddie

Back