• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

90nm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtrmeocr

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15345

In a Q&A session following the conference call, Ruiz said that AMD was starting to produce 90 nanometre versions of its AMD64 chips in the next few weeks, while crossover would occur in Q3/Q4 of this year.

He claimed that AMD's manufacturing is at "an all time high in terms of yields, performance and cycle time". He said 90 nanometre yields would be higher than the previous move to .13µ technology.

:cool:

That's good all around. If you like AMD you get better stuff to play with, and if you like Intel you get more competition, thus Intel will put out more new stuff.

Glad they're not going to die off.

Good news. I hope they make the transition fast so they can ramp up their Athlon 64 production already! It will be interesting to see if AMD's partnership with IBM really pays on in the transition to 90nm or if they have leakage issues like Intel. Anyways, AMD can start furiously scaling once they make the process shrink.

*me drools in anticipation of what the FX-55 "San Diego" can do with extreme cooling* can anybody say 4GHz? :cool:

And didn't AMD already show off 90nm chips? I swear they made like a 800MHz Opteron off 90nm.

Back