• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows wont start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zyklon

Ok I had a 2500+ with a radeon 8500 and could oc to 3200+ with np, but now I just installed a radeon 9600xt and when I oc it to 3200+ the comp will stop where the windows logo normally appear and just restart..... pretty weird, what do you guys think?

nf7-s
ocz 512meg 3200

And btw scoring 12 000 on 3dmark2001 with my radeon 9600xt at 2500+, pretty lame isnt?

Not pretty weird at all. You are probally loading the PSU too much with that new VC. What PSU do you have? Try lowering the O/C and see if you can what that gets you. Most likley its new PSU time.

I don't what the scores for 3Dmark should be. Go to Madonion.com and the ORB and compare what you are getting as opposed to other people with the same speed computer.

Also if you mnetion your speeds in mhz that will make it alot easier for most people, we don't really talk in the "AMD PR" aka 3000+ speed, or what ever they rate it to.

Ok well I was running at 11*166(2500) then tried to oc to 11*200(3200)

I just bought a new PSU because I wanted to OC, before, I had a tsunami 280 watts and now I have an enermax EG365P-VE, I believe its a good PSU so I dont think that its the problem.

Nice pic btw ;)

When I tried using different fsb, I got this error after I logged in : the ordinal 110 could not be located in the dynamic link library shdocvw.dll

Found some way to fix it but still, I dnot know y I cant boot with 11*200.

I am betting that the XT is also putting off more heat than the old 8500 so you may want to make sure you have good case airflow as well. You didn't say that your temps were the same before and after so possibly heat could be your problem.

Back