• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k6 233mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
asmodeansedai said:
how do you over clock a k6 233, and how far should i be able to get it up with out friing it

Get some liquid nitrogen, and take it to 1GHZ. You should be ok, just dont stop the flow of nitrogen (the chip will expand so much that it shatters)

Whats your whole set-up that might help people out , so they have a idea of what you got to work with.

i think you might be able to hit maybe 400Mhz to 500Mhz , dont hold me on them. just a geuss

um.. im kinda new to over clocking, but by setup what do you meen, I probly should know this but.... zzzzz....zzzz....zZZz..

that board would be socket 7...most of those boards only had multipliers up to just enough to support an 233mhz pentium mmx (top of the line back then and highest pentium ever made for the socket 7 platform) U r probably looking at fsb overclocking, probably 75 or 83 mhz fsb. Right now you are probably at 3.5x66mhz fsb = 233mhz. Ur options will probably be 3.5x75 = 262.5mhz or 3.5x83 = 290.5mhz. Also there is only a slim chance you will have overclocking options in the bios. There will be jumpers on the mobo, but you will need the manual to see what they do. Give me some specifics and i might be able to help u a bit. (I have a similar system - p166 @ 208 so i have a bit of experience with the old socket 7 boards) ;) Happy Overclocking :)

I have a soyo board with fsb up to 124Mhz and multiplier up to 5.5. Back then I don't think any bioses could change overclocking settings. It was all done by switches or jumpers on the motherboards.

its pc100 pny ram
ALI, im not sure but thats the name i see most on the mobo
and as for the cooling... um im working onit

You're in the same position I'm in, except I have the 333 on a PCChips motherboard. Problem with these K62's is that they don't like going over 75mhz without serious cooling. I gave up on trying to OC this system because it's next to impossible to OC without corrupting data on drives, frying chips, etc.

Enjoy what you have and be extremely cautious if you start monkeying around in the bios, it only takes once!! :D

apenland01 said:
Problem with these K62's is that they don't like going over 75mhz without serious cooling

its a k6, not k6-2 hes talking bout here. to find some info about the comp, download, aida32 or sisoft sandra. do a search on google for em.... should be easy to find

Quailane said:
I have a soyo board with fsb up to 124Mhz and multiplier up to 5.5. Back then I don't think any bioses could change overclocking settings. It was all done by switches or jumpers on the motherboards.

by the way that is most likely a super 7 board, not a standard socket 7 like he probably has

I have a K6 200 in a Super7 board and uncapped the CPU and it struggled to run at 300Mhz stable with a lot of voltage.

More importantly, What do you plan to use this for?

unfortunatly i dont have the manual, i got it from a freind who got it from there aunt, who got it from... well thats as far as i know, but do you know any were i might find a manual for it

the ali website?

when you start up your pc, the first screen that pops up MIGHT have your mobo model number on it. it the top left is your bios rev. number, and somewhere on the bottom or bottom left MIGHT be your mobo model number.

or, just write down the whole string, and google it. you'd be surprised what kind of good info you can get by googling what looks like garbage.

happy hunting.

well i found out it was actualy asus, ali just had there name on it every where posible, but i was wandering if someone could help me find a site that will tell me how to oc it, the model thing is this: asus p5a-b acpi, im currently searching google, but..., any way, heres a link that tells a little about whats actualy in the board,

http://www.baber.com/baber/411/asusp5ab.htm

well its been a while but now i have a 400mhz k62 that im figuring out how to oc but same problem if some one would please help me i would greatly apretiate it

Back