• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a quick ANSWER!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brock8503

Registered
This could probable go in motherboards, but they dont get as much reponse as in here.

I have a AMD 2100 tbred dut3c auihb 0302mpm. So its got the 13 multiplier and the higher multies. I got a dfi lanparty ultra rev.b.Do I need to do the wire trick on this board to get the lower mutlipliers? thats it.

i want to get 200fsb.

how come u had to do it before to gain access to lower multipliers.
whats the difference with this board. it does it for u?

I thought that all the processors with higher the 13x could not boot at the lower multipliers. so u had either mod a bridge or place a small wire in the socket to access lower multiplyers.

HOW TO EXECUTE, DETAILS OF MODIFICATIONS.
See Pics to visualize Multiplier block diagram, bridges, and to locate all sockets/pins listed below.
Changing an 8X Bit Value HI to a LO, to access 12.5X and lower from default Multipliers = 13X and higher.
Tbred's rightmost 5th L3 bridge will be Open. Palomino's L10 bridge pair will be Open/Closed L to R.
General solution is to ground that signal circuit. Options:-
1:- Tbred, close the open 5th L3 bridge with a conductive trace around its open pit, no need to insulate the pit, restorable.
2:- Palomino, change L10 bridge pair from Left/Right Open/Closed to Closed/Open.
3:- Tbred and Palomino, connect AJ27 and nearby AH28 Vss/ground socket holes with fine wire u-loop, replace CPU.
Or connect the "bases" of socket pins AJ27 and AH28 with conductive ink.
4:- Tbred and Palomino, solder wire to socket AJ27, ground it thru 100 ohm resistor, (remotely switch/toggle).

The DFI was not out at the time..neither was the NF7 rev 2.0's...the NF7 rev 2.0's can read the 5th fib...which gives access to all multipliers without modding the CPU...I have heard that the DFI rev b's can also read the 5th fib...if so then you would not have to do a mod...but if it will not boot at 12.5 and below...you will have to do the mod...but if I remember correctly...once you do the mod...you will not have 13x and higher anymore...

yea i dont think u get the 13 afterwords, but if someone else could varify that i do not have to do the wire trick to get lower multipliers it would be great. Just to be sure glock19owner, even though i think ur right. I want to know before i mount the chip so i know wether or not to put the wire in or not.

Thanks for ur help
Brock8503.

anyone.!!!!!!°

come on i need an answer im installing it tonight

Last edited:
Here you go:

1. All 2100+ B's ever made are multiplier unlocked.

2. There are only three nForce2 mobos that post all multipliers on all unlocked CPUs wihout any mods lucky for you, DFI is one of them.

Abit and Soltek are the other two. Good luck man, that's a fine chip but you need good cooling for it.

Thank you, thank you, and ...thank you.

Thats all i needed to know, now i can start the process of buildin it lol. I really appreciate it man. Thanks to everyone ,who posted, for the help.

CHEERS
brock8503

Back