• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me bring my infinity back to life!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLyingHamster

flashed it with the 2/17 bios and soon after got no post. have tried removing the battery, clearing cmos, pulling the power cable, reset switch, etc.. and none of it works. so the only thing I can think of now is that my bios is corrupt. my question is, how exactly do I do the "hot swap" or whatever to try to bring my infinity back? I have a bios chip from an NF7, so can I use that or do I need to buy something else?

btw, Do all Inifinity boards have the Winbond bios chip? and can I use an A7N8X bios chip as well?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Weeeeeeeee!

Welcome to the club brother!....(see sig)

Atleast you have access to another Nforce board... AFAIK you can hotflash any Nforce 2 to Nforce 2

luckily I had a BIOS chip from a dead Asus A7N8X deluxe, so I could hotflash my DFI chip myself with just my LP.

1/21 BIOS and no problems for months with 250Mhz FSB, CPC ON.

I sent in my ultra infinity on an RMA. After reading this i am thinking that mabee i had a corrupted bios aswell, dont know for sure but where would i be able to find a BIOS kit?

SOB I just borked the freaking bios. Just another reason not to fix it if it ain't broken. Any info about a bios saviour kit would be greatly appreciated. No 4mb bios chips only 2 nf7s ones. argghhh. no far cry for me now.

thanks for the link, luckily for me, Crimedog is up at UConn too so I used his chip to hot flash my bios back to life, so all set. It was alot easier then I had anticipated. :)

Yeah just went to his dorm had a couple beers and got it working. Lucky for me, saved me 25 bucks and a couple extra days with no rig.

Back