• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock my 2500+ mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rubic

I need help deciding what speed/type of memory to use when overclocking a 2500+ mobile. I guess what I really need to know is what the average speed FSB people are getting with a similiar setup as the one I plan to get. I hope that I can get the FSB to at least 250 but from what I have been reading I'm starting to doubt that it's normal to get that high an overclock. I plan to get the following and the only thing that I plan to water cool is the CPU:

AMD 2500+ mobile
DFI Infinity mobo
Swiftech MPS600 pump
WhiteWater Block
BlackIce Extreme Radiator

there really isn't any set way to overclock a certain processor. go do some reading on some articles in the home page. theres also quite a few informative threads that might be stickies. remember, the search button is your friend

edit: found a nice sticky for you overclocking guide

Well from what ive heard and read u might want to try and get bh-5 chips of ebay. They are very expensive but can hit high fsb with tight timing. I have bh-6 mushkins that only do about 215 and 2.9v thats about 3.2mb bandwith. If u get a high fsb ram try to get tight timing also. The bh-5 will get u some high fsb dont know exaclty what but around 230ish {guess} with really good timings. Or just get some bh-6 that do about 220 with higher volts and bump up ur mutliplier. As for 250 i think bh-5 can do it but u need high volts, its worth a try but ull pay lots for the chips.

Just some thoughts. correct me if im wrong.

Take care man.
brock8503

Back