• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ValueRAM, what voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

I have a A7V333 with two sticks of Kingston ValueRAM 256MB PC2700 (defult 2.5 CAS) There are four settings on the mobo for RAM voltage settings.. look here http://www.pcmodshop.com/infoguides/techy/a7m333/a7m333tips_page.htm .. I'm running the defult at the moment. My problem is that I can't OC my CPUs FSB at all and I was wondering if the RAMs voltage will stop that.. What voltage should I run it on? Thanks

Last edited:
Just give it as much voltage as your mobo allows, your mobo don't give a lot of voltage anyway so even with max setting your ram should still be ok.

I looked at a site and it said that the two higher voltage settings will burn out the RAM ... "if not today, maybe in a week or two." I don't like the sound of that. I just want to OC my CPU FSB

Not really, but it really depend on what chip was your ram made out of, for example someone able to run a bh5 with 3.6v 24/7 and it is still alive. :eek:

PC2700 Kingston value ram can run at 2.9v's without any issues...just make sure you have some decent system air flow...

Sophisticated said:
most RAM will take up to 3.2v but sometimes its not necessary to go that high thats why A-data's are here :)

If their Kingston PC2700 is anything like the 10+ sticks I have personally run...it wont like 3v and higher...but then again...they could of lucked out and got the PC2700 with the BH5 chips...and if it has the BH5 chips...they can run past 3.3v's...

(should of stated this in my first post)

glock19owner said:

If their Kingston PC2700 is anything like the 10+ sticks I have personally run...it wont like 3v and higher...but then again...they could of lucked out and go the PC2700 with the BH5 chips...

Well your not goin to get much out of some Pc2700 wether you give them 3V or not...pc3000 & up is where the voltage gets intresting

Back