• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

file corruption w/ ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xyphoid

Registered
Hey guys

just got a 2500 xp-m today and have been ttesting it at new speeds and came across a problem when trying to hit 2.6 ghz (200X13 with 1.85 core voltage) When windows begins to load, it says I have file corruption... Should I try increasing my VDIMM voltage??? I have pc 3200 corasair value select RAM at 2.5-3-3-11.
BTW I just had to underclock to load back into Windows.

ya driverimage2002 is really helpful ..... But I still need to know how would i get a successful overclock w/o file corruption

P.S. Anyone know any good virus forums or programs or could help me out becasue My little brother click on one of the virus
in people's AOL Profile. the url is something like molotov.us.....lmao.scr... googled it din find much of anything. ran housecal din find anything and also ran ad aware....

It can happen if you overclock too much too fast so overclock in smaller increments.

I don't know of Anti Virus freeware but it does exist.

I got one the other day and Norton AntiVirus I had running didn't detect it. It usually does, but not this time.

The only way I knew it was there was because I run this program
http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
which detcts anything installing itself to run on next reboot.

I drive re-imaged my operating system partition quickly to get rid of it.

This could be ram related. I had a bad stick of ddr that would cause file corruptiion during windows install. Took me for ever to rule out everything but the ram.

thanks for the tips c6

Ya im a little skeptical about my RAM... Now that I think of it i shouldn't of bought this cheapy value select junk

O that sux becasue i already tried at 1.9 this morning and dont really wanna try higher that that. I really wanna hit 2.6 tho

I believe that giving it 1.95-2v for a short period just to test if its really a vcore issue should not damage your CPU, if your temps aren't too high

Back