• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333, help with manual setting.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

I have a A7V333 and a 1800XP. I run it on the auto 1533MHz setting in the BIOS but I want to run it on the Manual setting at 133x11.5 (same MHz) I want this so I can then configure it to OC the FSB. The problem is that when I set it to Manual 133x11.5 it says "System failed due to CPU overclocking" Now I know i'm not OCing it as I'm setting it to what it run on in the auto setting... How can I get the manual setting to work?

first, A7V333 is a not really a great overclocker, with other words its bull****. I know that because I had one myself,... Try to run the manual setting already overclocked, I was able to get my FSB up tu 180 from 166, so you will perhapts be able to hit 170 up from 133 if you`re lucky. Perhaps your memory has problems with the manual setting, try to set its timings manual too. Perhaps decrease the fsb to 132 to be save that there`s no mathematical problem. Have you checked if your jumper settings are in unlocked mode?

I got it working, I got upto 150FSB last night but that slows the PCI, AGP and also my HDD... :| I really want to get to 166FSB, maybe I'll unlock my CPU and try it around 166 x 10 or x 10.5 when I unlock it. Thanks for the help... stupid motherboard! :mad: :(

hm,... are the pci/agp slots locked in frequency? what makes you sure that it slows down your devices?
What Ram are you using (Speed)

The A7V333 doesn't lock the agp and pci so 150 fsb is ~37.5 on the HD. Not terrible but I wouldn't go much higher.

Back