• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax pc-3500 & A7N8X rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
Hello folks,

I'm having quite a time getting two sticks of this ram to run on this mb. I have two sticks of Kingmax pc-3500 512mb running in dual mode. I can run them up to 182MHz in dual mode and thats it. If i take out a stick and run 1 by itself, I can go up to 218MHz with no problem 2.5-3-3-11. I can run either stick by itself but I can't get them to run together in dual mode beyond 182MHz. Both sticks memtested individually for hours with no errors at 218MHz. I've done just about all the easy mods to this board (heatsink on the mosfets and as5 on the northbridge chip using the stock hs). Nothing seems to feel hot when I touch it so I don't think heat is a problem. It seems like the northbridge may not be getting enough juice? Using any memory voltage makes no difference..... I've used 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, and even the 2.9 from the uber bios. Has anyone been able to run two sticks of pc-3500 or above memory on this motherboard? If so tell me your secret. I've heard mixed stories about Kingmax ram but i've never had a problem with the my pc-3200 Kingmax ram.

I've read about two possible solutions:
1. disable apic and reinstall the os
2. nb chipset voltage mod - which I don't really have the balls to do yet ;)

Do you think either of these will work? Let me know about your experiences with this type situation. See below for the rest of my specs

i have two stick of pc 4000 256mb run an dual channel mode
see my sig for system info i have no probleme runnig on dual at 230 or at 237fsb
i have active cooling in the south bridge another in the north(80 fan)
chipset voltage 1.85v
memory setting in the bios set to by spd,timing 11-4-4-3T
L 12 mode for the cpu.
try those tick and tell me th result :)

I have the L12 mod on the cpu, passive cooling on both the NB & SB.... just got a zalman fan holder, so I'll be sticking a big fan over the mosfets and NB but like I said before it's hardly warm to the touch now. I've never tried those timings before.... did try 2.5-4-4-11, so I guess I'll try yours to see if I have any luck. I'll let you know the results tonight when I get home....... any idea why I can run 1 stick but not 2?

3-4-4-11 timings won't allow me to get over 190.... memory voltage at 2.6, 2.7, 2.8. Tried to run the memory asyn at 120% and fsb @ 182 but that didn't work either.....

what is your temp chipset ,cpu
curent configuration ,voltage(cpu ,chipset),rail for +5 and +12?

with the pc-3500 ram

2500 xp-m 182x12 = 2186MHz vcore 1.65
memory @ 2.7 --- 2.5-3-3-11
gpu @ 1.6
nb cannot be changed with my bios (1007)

5 @ 4.90
12@ 12.10

cpu @ 32c, 37c load
nb ? but hs cool to the touch

as i see your temp look ok
have u tryed another memory
i am for expl using hynix original pc 4300
i had before used v-data pc 333 (can t get 200 fsb stable with 3.3v for ram ) .the ram is know burned
after i used a-data and sumsung borth pc 3200 (cant get over 209 stable with vcore max 2.08 and vdimm 3.3v)
know i am using the hynix originalpc 4000-4300 memory i think that the secret is stored on those stick (really)
never get system to boot up at 220 fsb using sumsung pc 3500
know runnig rock solid at 237 *11 with 2.08 vcore i can do higher but my temp reashed the limit 50c
may be u can grab some of those stick or this better to get abit borad a lot of user have a luck to get high fsb from them.
try to flash the bios again with uber 1007 may be this could help a bit
but i strangly recommand chipset mod if u are not going to by new board or( hynix memeory :) ) .
nb is cool to the touch but may be it require some extra volt to go higher like the cpu it still cool but require voltwhen overclocking
the asus rev 2 mobo is rated to 400 mean that it must run at least 200 fsb in dual channel mode u have the right to rma this borad if it can t run at the rated speed .just tell them that u have the 3200+ version 400 fsb and it won t run in sync mod or at his rated speed and u will get another one

edit :have tried to change them between stick 1-3 and 2-3
waiting for result:)

Last edited:
Back