• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I push it further??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

collins8

Registered
My system is up and running great!! My signature has my components. I am presently running 200mhz on the front side bus with a multiplier of 11. My core voltage is set at 1.6v and I can run Prime 95 all day with out any problems. The CPU temps avg 34 to 36 degrees C under load.
My primary objective is to keep the system stable and I was wondering if I should try to get a little more perfromance out of her?? What do you guys think?? What would you recommend to go after, more front side bus or up the multiplier??
What is the NORM on overclocking a XP-M 2500 on air cooling and keeping it very stable??

Rob

1)more fsb is better
2)your temp looks ok u can go higher
3)u should overclock it more :)
augmenting the front side bus with increse the overall system peformance like memory bandwith.... multiplicator will increse any cpu speed (internal clock)
4)norm are between 2600-2800mhz with good air cooling

Looks like your cpu can do alot more than that.

Increase your FSB by 2-3mhz at a time and test for stability.
Increase your vcore and vdimm as needed to gain stability.

I recommend increasing your FSB as much as your RAM will let you and then increase the multiplier from there.

I have my FSB at 215, I have raised my core voltage to 1.625, and my ram voltage to 2.8 It will run the Prime95 blend test for about 9 minutes before quiting. I do not know if raising the ram voltage helped but I figured I would try it. Man it heats up quick now. It goes to 38 degrees C in a heartbeat. Do you guys think raising the core voltage will help get it stable at 215 on the FSB??
Also when should I raise the multiplier??

Rob

Yes, raise VCore. That will probably straighten out the P95 fail. You don't need to raise Multi just yet ( if at all, depending on how good your RAM is ) Many have VCore at 1.8 or more. Temp of 38C, is very low, you have a lot of headroom there.

Back