• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a goal!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I have a goal which i want to reach and once i reach it i just want sit back and relax till the Tejas comes out....my goal is to to reach 5ghz +.....but right now i am a bit relaxing because my motherboard just broke and waiting for a replacement to arrive but im going to sell that replacement and get myself a better motherboard that could go above 4.0....the current motherboard i have is p4p800 deluxe and it can't clock over 4ghz...so that is really gay....and to achieve this goal i will need better cooling not for just the cpu but as well as the northbridge and southbridge......as well as others.....i need suggestions on cooling the northbridge(especially), southbridge...and the mosfets....i was thinking about water-cooling for them...but i need something more effective than that......or maybe water-cooling with an awesome radiotor.....suggestions?

u could go w/ water chillering but i don't think your mosfets would like the cold and the southbridge would not benift to much atleast thats how it is w/ AMD broads but i'm not to sure on intel broads
but the northbridge will like it and will probably allow u to get higher FSB

5 Ghz.. yep.... that is totally insane....sweet....

I saw an article over on tomshardware guide where they got a P4 to 5ghz. They had to use liquid nitrogen on the core, and a prometia on the northbridge though.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/index.html

In the article, they modified the voltage regulators to provide more power, as well as a few other motherboard mods.

Obviously what they did isn't something that you can do for any great period of time, but it might give you some ideas.

You are going to need one hell of a phase change unit on that CPU for those speeds. You might be able to get away with using a TEC on the northbridge for cooling, but I really don't know.

Good luck.:)

T's HG got up to 5.25GhZ....if person with a mach unit can reach up to 4.3+ with a 3.0 or 3.2..then i can surely reach up to 4.5 to 4.6 without any problem with my 3.4.....my current motherboard is gay...and it broke on me...im waiting for the oem so i can sell it and get me P4C800-e Deluxe....i think T's HG used to P4C800-E DLX to reach 5.25......and if i use a tech i will need watercooling......

Back