• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to get Lan Party B.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

You can see in my sig my current configeration. do you think that when i get the DFI i could see any inproved OC(im almost possitive i will get more FSB) but i am also interested in more cpu clock. i could go higher on my kv7's but gosh the Vcore is SOOO unstable. if in bios it is at 1.775, them in windows at an idle it stays anywhere from 1.760-1.78 under a load(prime) it goes from1.72-1.76:eek: i have decent powersupples(antec TP 430 and eps 550) and i have ACTIVE mosfet cooling huge heatsinks on then and 2x80mm fans. without the active mosfet cooling my Vcore is outof control. and the system temp pushes above 70c.

how will the LP B conpare in vcore stablity(with my active cooling on it)

any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, or recomendations.....

thanks

It helps stability if the mosfets are getting hot & cooling your CPU will help take load of the mosfets so again helping stability. But I dont thank it directly helps the voltage it self but any cooling takes load away so it helps reduce the load on the voltage witch will help the voltage stay more stable. A fan mounted over your mosfets can help this alot also. But after cooling besure you have good PSU. But some boards are not stable with voltage no matter what you do but all this can help. Then I guess you can do some volt moding on some boards to help even more.Hope this helps.

Back