• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Nf7-s Or An7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

|)R. |)3@T}{

Registered
HI GUYS!!
I`VE RMA-ED MY NF7-SL AND NOW I`M AFFRAID THAT I WILL GET *NEW* NF7-SL.SO I WAS WONDERING IS IT BETTER TO TAKE THAT STINKY NF7-SL OR BRAND NEW (FULL OF BUGS IN BIOS) AN7?
THANKS GUYS
P.S. SORRY FOR MAY BAD ENGLISH
|)R. |)3@T}{

Welcome to the forums!

I would suggest sticking with the NF7. RMAs seem to be inevitable with them, but they are very good once they actually get working right ;) :D

THANKS FOR WARM WELCOME:D :D :D
WELL, I`M REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THOSE NEW NF7.I`M SORRY, I KNOW IT IS NOT SECTION FOR THIS BUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT SOLTEK SL-75FRN2-L?IT SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY GOOD OC-ER
AGAIN,SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Hehe - no problem :p

I haven't heard anything about the Soltek myself, so I really can't speak for it. I would still recommend the NF7 still if you feel comfortable trying it again.

NF7

I got a $43. refurb from newegg and it's an old version 1.1 but worked like a charm since first boot, flashed the Bios and piece of cake. 2500 OC'd 2.1GHz no sweat.
Only difference between it and the NF7-S is the S has better sound and chipset. I also have an old Soltek 75MRN-L and never had a problem.

Here's a neat link, click the upside down triangles over the columns to see how they rank in that category. http://www.motherboards.org/rank/AMD/total/motherboard-rank.html

You don't have to apologize for bad English because everyone is welcome here and we are proud to have you join us. Lord knows, there's so much war and strife in the world today and at least us geeks can stick together and respect one another, no matter what language you speak. Maybe it would be good if more of our "powers that be" were geeks and I am proud to be a nerd-geek.

If you need more help let us know and welcome the OC'ers forum.
OldBird

I AGREE WITH YOU:cool: :cool:
OldBird YOU DESERVE :beer:
fletch you too :beer:
I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM.WELL, NEW NF7-SL IT`S IN MY COMP.
WHEN I TRY TO ENABLE DC MOBO WONT BOOT :eek:
I`VE TRIED EVERYTHING,BOARD BOOT ONLY WHEN MY GEIL IS IN DIMM 1.WHEN I PUT ONE STICK IN DIMMM 2 OR 3 NO BOOT.ALSO, WITH SECOND PIECE OF RAM CAN`T BOOT (IT`S IN DIMM1)
ANY SUGESTION,PLEASE:-/
THANKS
|)R. |)3@T}{

Stick A works in dimm1 by its self.
Stick A and B don't work.
Stick B won't work in dimm1 by its self.

Is that correct? If it is, then it sounds like one of your sticks of RAM is bad. You might rma the bad stick if you bought the two seperately or both if you bought them together.

That `s right but when I put dimm a or dimm b in dimm slot 2 or 3 mobo wont boot so right now dimm a must be in dimm slot 1.When I try to boot with dimm 2 but no boot.
Maybe dimm 2 is defective but I`ve rma-ed directly to geil and they say it`s perfectly ok
i`m so confused:rolleyes:

Hmmm. . . . I think you must first have a module in slot 1 before it will boot and doesn't matter which of the other two you use.
I'm presently using 1 & 3 in this NF7.

Check the manual and it will tell you which RAM slots to use. This NF7 automatically recognizes when I use two modules and shows "dual channel memory enabled" on the boot screen.

MemTest is a good utility for testing modules. Go here and dl 3.1a then put it on a 3.5 floppy to run it. http://www.memtest86.com/

Test one module at the time then both together and it takes a good while to complete so I start it running then go to bed. If the memory is good and you have them in the right slots then all I know is something might be wrong with the slot itself. Take a flashlight and look down in the slots and see if something is in there that shouldn't be. I know this is elementary, but make sure the modules are fully seating and the clips are in the slots on the ends.

By the way, did you update - flash the BIOS? Using the ABIT flash-utility flashing no problem at all.
http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/

OK, I have new proof that my mobo is defective:(
I try my Geil in 3 diff mobos and works fine.
Then I tried to put kingmax 2 x 128 in my my mobo and no boot with 2 sticks, just one stick in dimm 1.

Well, . . . RATS!

Sorry to hear that old Buddy and about all you can do is RMA it.

The Soltek 75FRN2-L you asked about enjoys an excellent reputation as does my 75MRN-L and reason I got it is because has on board video.

Go to OC'ers home page, click MB's - AMD then "other AMD boards" and you can ask about Soltek's there to.

Back