• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about K8T800 and PCI/AGP dividers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I noticed that some of the newer boards are not coming with "locks" on these busses but actually have 1/7 and 1/8th dividers successfully kicking in at high front side busses.
If u had the ideal memory...would a board of this measure be sufficient to overclock a 2800+ or 3000+ without having to worry much about the PCI/AGP bein goutta wack?

cuz I know on these boards..2 that Ive seen actually when u hit 233FSB will drop the agp/pci back down into spec I assume like 266FSB it will do it again I think Ive seen that too....at that point is it just up to ur memory and would be great to overclock 2800+?

I assume the multiplier on 2800+ is 9x well 266x9 would be 2.394ghz if thats too high could drop multi to 8.5 or whatever it supports.

Anyhow...wondering has anyone tried this or think it would work?

Im thiknin the Aopen AK86-L with the newest BIOS which allows INSANE voltages would be awesome to give this a shot on...

Back