• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-6, Is it Worth It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

Well my Samsung is really doing **** for timings, etc. so I was wondering if BH-6 was really worth the $300+ price tag. I tend to game a lot, fold, etc. Thanks for the input.

It's not worth $300+

But its worth it if your Samsung really blows, just try to find a lower price.

do you plan on volt modding your motherboard? you will probably not be seeing much of an improvement. with only 2.8~2.9 vdimm, you would probably be lucky to break 215fsb @ 2-2-2-6. imho, that is not worth the 300$ price tag premium. however, if you do want to pay top dollar for some used bh-6, i have some:D (even, worse, it got kicked out of my primary comp because my 150$ worth of corsair value select (1gb) does a higher fsb at 2.5v than the bh-6 did at 2.9. and 2.5 3 3 6 is really not far off from 2 2 2 5

Supertrucker said:
do you plan on volt modding your motherboard? you will probably not be seeing much of an improvement. with only 2.8~2.9 vdimm, you would probably be lucky to break 215fsb @ 2-2-2-6. imho, that is not worth the 300$ price tag premium. however, if you do want to pay top dollar for some used bh-6, i have some:D (even, worse, it got kicked out of my primary comp because my 150$ worth of corsair value select (1gb) does a higher fsb at 2.5v than the bh-6 did at 2.9. and 2.5 3 3 6 is really not far off from 2 2 2 5

You've got to be kidding me, how can CAS3 corsair do better than BH-6. Wow, I'm blown away. What mobo and processor, etc are you currently using.

is it rated at cas3? mine runs "auto" at 2.5 3 3 6 on an msi k8t neo w/ a 3000+ a64. at least i think that was auto, i know it is running at 2.5 3 3 6 at 220fsb with only 2.5 volts, and posts at 233 with 2.5volts, but my raptor "dissapeared" at 233, and its id tag was garbled at 225, so i cant test for mem stability without unhooking the hdd

If you have that much $ to get a bh6, I think you will be better off getting bh5 instead, pretty much the same price.

Im not sure where on ebay your looking or perhaps your seeing unfinished auctions. as Ive seen 3 seperate auctions of mushkin lvl2 3500 (BH5 I beleive) go for 400$ buy it now in under 1 day of each being listed.

of 5 or 6 auctions total, none made it to completion, the other 3 were ended early but I dont know for what reason, I can only assume an offer was made that was good enough to warrent the early cancelation.

you just arent finding them for much cheaper than the 350 that newegg is charging.

I dont know how they perform(clearly quite well based on potential) but it irks me that the ram would become the most expensive component in the entire PC. hell a gig of BH6 is only 80$ less than a 100$ mobo, 2600+ mobile processor, and 9800pro. something seems wrong about that on a value basis.

your certainly not getting a fair value no matter how you look at it. its safe to assume overall there was a respectable profit on it at 230$. now at 350$ they have increased their price by over 50% with no additional features of benefits. someone is just straight up taking 120$ EXTRA profit on ever sale. how can ANYTHING be worth a 50% markup over fair market value?

ares350: don't look at ebay, the price for bh5 in there is insane, look for them on website retailers instead.

It depends on what ratio and cpu you plan to run. Even Black Level 2 3500 stink at 1:1 230 tops.

In my opinion the OCZ 3700 Gold Rev2 is better than the EB.

My BH-6 (Kingston Value Ram w/ BH-6 DC with my Corsair Pc3200 BH-6) is running 230 2-2-2-5, 3.3v~

It's doing great.
I love it.

NoteUser said:
It depends on what ratio and cpu you plan to run. Even Black Level 2 3500 stink at 1:1 230 tops.

In my opinion the OCZ 3700 Gold Rev2 is better than the EB.

I have to disagree. I've seen a lot from the new EB stuff. It runs upto 250-255Mhz 3-2-2-6 and with 3-3-3-x timings it can do 270+ which I don't think the 3700gold can do. The EB is the best all around ram there is

Steve

ares350 said:
Im not sure where on ebay your looking or perhaps your seeing unfinished auctions. as Ive seen 3 seperate auctions of mushkin lvl2 3500 (BH5 I beleive) go for 400$ buy it now in under 1 day of each being listed.

of 5 or 6 auctions total, none made it to completion, the other 3 were ended early but I dont know for what reason, I can only assume an offer was made that was good enough to warrent the early cancelation.

you just arent finding them for much cheaper than the 350 that newegg is charging.

I would have to disagree. Take a look at what I just bought:

Linky

There are lots of good deals on ebay, you just have to look around.

Edit: Arrrgh! If i had waited ten minutes to pay the guy I would have saved $20 as the conversion rate just went down!

Back