• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ advice please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Just upgraded to OCZ EL 3500. basically it does 215 2,2,3,11 on 2.8v but nothing more. It wont go over 215 on ANY timings or any voltage, in fact morte voltage makes the problem worse.
The board is fine, has been tested to 234 fsb with Adata 450 no probs....
So any ideas please :D

Try disabling comman per clock if you haven't already. My PC3500 EL runs at 250 2-2-2-2-11-15-13 e a f d 3.2V. It may be a different batch of chips than mine though (bh5, bh6, ch5)

Psyko

Ok thanks m8. Dont have that bios installed atm, had enough trouble with the thing corrupting itslef, so no flashes till the bios saviour arrives lol! This ram is CH5 i've been told which kinda sucks as it indicates it doesnt like voltage (and its been showing it as well)

If your 3500el ram can't do at least 217mhz then it's defective, simple as that (assuming u're absolutely sure it's not the other omcponents in your setup). Mine can do upto 228mhz @ 2-3-2-11 @ 2.9v, but my mobo chipset might be the limiting factor after that. Also, max vdimm i can provide is 2.9 (as per the nf7s 2.0 bios), so maybe higher voltages can yield tighter timings?

If your having problems with the ram just pm sean or email OCZ. They will help you figure out any problems you may be having

Steve

poohbear said:
If your 3500el ram can't do at least 217mhz then it's defective, simple as that (assuming u're absolutely sure it's not the other omcponents in your setup). Mine can do upto 228mhz @ 2-3-2-11 @ 2.9v, but my mobo chipset might be the limiting factor after that. Also, max vdimm i can provide is 2.9 (as per the nf7s 2.0 bios), so maybe higher voltages can yield tighter timings?

Higher voltage makes things a lot lot worse. Many more errors in memtest with 2.9v+ than there are with 2.8v.....

Will send sean a pm now :D thanks

Back