• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

hey every one I have a problem I went out today and got a stick of 512 PC2700 DDR and put it with my two 256 PC2100 sticks to make one gig while I put the 512 in the first row and the rest in the other two and the last stick does not work it only shows 768. Do I have to change somthing in the bios? o I am using the MoBo below.:(

I looked in CPU Z and it shows them all, is this just another bug in WINDOWS but still says only 768.

Last edited:
That's a little strange. Have you tried rotating the sticks around, to see if one of the memory slots is dead?

Yay i did they all work fine I just caint use all 3 lol I am thinking of just traiding my two sticks of 256 for another 512.

Well since you've got 2 sticks that are PC2100 then all of them have to run at PC2100. If the first stick is PC2700 then the bios might be trying to make all of the sticks PC2700. Try going in and seeing if you can manually select the speed of the memory and tell it to run all of them at 2100.

Example: I've got an Asus A7V8X. It's got 3 dimm slots. The way it's set up, I can run all 3 slots at PC2100, if I want PC2700 I can only use 2, and if I want PC3200 I can only use 1.

I got back form the computer shop and the guy said it is probebly because the one stick is only one sided :eek: err lol any way I dont have money for another stick of ram so i guess i will wait.

Back