• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 Mobile overclock tested on 2 motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mugzy0130

Registered
I recently got a 2500+Mobile and tested it on two motherboards.

On my A7N8X rev. 2.0, I was able to hit 2400Mhz @ 12X200. vcore 1.82 it would run for a couple of hours then automatically turn off.

On my NF7-S I was able to get it at 2575Mhz 12.5x206 but the difference was that on this motherboard I was able to push the vcore 2.1

Has anyone tested their mobile on different motherboards with different results??

IMHO the results you quote aren't a reflection of the cpu but instead the capabilities of the motherboards. ;)

Awhile back, I tested my hardware (the cpu was a 2500-M and memory was Mushkin 3500L2) using a Abit NF7 and a DFI nF2 Infinity. Same voltages and memory settings were maintained in the testing.

- With the same fsb and multiplier the Abit was ~5% faster.

- That's not the end of the story however, the Infinity will run at a 240 fsb while the NF7 only does 215 (no hardware mods) so the Infinity wins in the catorgies of top fsb and memory bandwidth, at least for my particular boards. The max cpu speed these result does vary based on the multiplier that was stable however this isn't necessarily the abo****e max cpu speed since you're being limited by fsb.

- To find the max cpu speeds, I dropped the fsb back and step the multiplier up one level and then walked the fsb back up. The cpu max was within ~20Mhz on both boards.

Bottom line was the majority of the variablity I saw with my hardware appeared to be due to the motherboards. A result that didn't surprise me. My cpu performance was pretty consistent between the boards. :D

Back