• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory setting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkshodokan07

Registered
I made a post today asking why my comp waz not stable with prime when my comp wasn't even overclocked, well I pumped fsb from 200 to 215 , now have 2.8ghz ans seems more stable O_O.

Anyway, my question is, my memory is at 2/4/4/8 , seems good but prob is that I got no idea for what vdimm I should put.

current setup:

mobo: asus p4p800-dlx
mem: mushkin black lvl II PC3200 2X256 winbond BH-5
cpu: intel p4 2.6c

tx! :)

EDIT:: oh also what vcore my cpu should have, I got approx 1.53 (cpuz) , is that enuff?

I would try vdimm of 2.7v and timings of 2,3,3,6 for starters.

Lock the AGP/PCI to default speeds (66/33).

Vcore should not be increased any higher than needed to be stable. I would think you could do 3 gig on default voltage. It wouldn't hurt to bump the vcore up one notch for now just to be sure, if you plan on overclocking a little more.

If your goal is at least 3 gig or more, then you'll need to set the memory ratio to 5:4. I think that's the 320 memory setting on an Asus mobo.

Back