• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundstorm not working properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

disk11

Specs in sig.

Here's the problem. Before, every time windows restarted, sound would not work. The drivers were loaded, but in the sound section of the Control Panel, the volume bar was greyed out. The only solution I had at the time was reinstalling the ripped drivers from the CD that came with the board, version 6.148.xxx I believe. I had tried some drivers I downloaded from but they were version 5.xxx and not WHQL'ed/signed.

However, I somehow f'ed up XP to where it would only boot in safe mode, so I did a quick format then a reinstall. I only loaded the drivers from the CD. Now I cannot even get sound save Winamp since the drivers are seemingly loaded correctly, but the nForce control panel does not work, and forcing the drivers from the CD which I ripped again does not allow sound in videos and from websites such as newgrounds. Any ideas?

Download newest audio drivers from nvidia site and use them instead of those old ones from CD.

Let me repeat: the drivers on the CD are 6.148 and signed (I have XP). The drivers from Abit's website are 5's and unsigned.

Back