• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whatway round do HDD Leds, Reset Switches ect go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

I have almost finished building my pc, but i am currently putting in all of the switches/Leds. Like Reset Switch, Power Switch, Power Led, Hard Drive Led, Speaker. My mobo has a small block or pins that are all different colours when you put the cables for all of these things in. In the mobo's manual it tells you where each one goes and what each pin does, but i am not sure which way round to put them in, it does not say in the mobo manual. On the cable itself there is a bit of while writing on one side, eg. H.D.D or PWR LED ect. On the other side there is a small 'ingraved' arrow on one side. Does it matter which way i put theme in thanks for all of your help.

EDIT=My mobo is a ASUS A7N8X-E and my case is a AKASA AK-CHC

In most cases it doesn't, however in a few cases I've heard they will only work one way. I always install mine with the writing on the connectors facing up towards the top of the board and haven't had any problems.

Regards, Balrog

The switches can go either way, but the LEDs will only work one way. As far as the LEDs are concerned, just do it by trial and error, it wont hurt anything. For the speaker, it can go either way also, but usually the red wire is +.

Back