• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Fitting foam gasket" on Mach1...What is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I just got my new AMD modkit in and I'm doing a final check before installing my Mach1 but ran into a problem. In the instructions in part B.1. it says "put the fitting foam gasket in the rear cover...". Now in my kit I don't have anything that looks like foam. There is the heater cell and thats it for back there. Is the foam fro man older version that didn't use the heater or what? What is this foam?

I did, I figured it out by watching some install videos. It would be nice if they updated the manual a little though. My CPU is now sitting at 7C. :D

sounds like you need to tighen the hold down screws. Mine runs at -27C under full load. (-38C on the display, but its never accurate)

My front display on the Mach1 is 29C load. I have a socket temp of 12C load and a diode of -25C load. One of them has to be right so I figure if its stable and fast I'm good. These still sound off, let me know? DFI boards tend to be off when it comes to reading negative temps from what I understand so it didn't hit me as odd.

Last edited:
Back