• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked TBird won't Multiply!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A2500cc

Registered
I have a Thunderbird 700MHz chip that looks to be [factory] unlocked. I'm looking at the chip right now and the L1 bridges are connected...by the way the code numbers FYI

A0700APT3B
ADEA0022XPCW

It originaly came pluged into a Giga-Byte GA-7ZX (-1) MoBo
Then I pluged it into an ASUS A7V (bios version 1007, haven't flashed the bios with newer version yet).

Also AIDA32 stated that the chip was 700 and maxed @ 1200 (curent locked TBird 1100 only states 1100 within that program).

To my eyes and apparently AIDA32 the chip is UnLocked ...

SO MY QUESTION IS:
The ASUS A7V should allow my the change the multiplier through the bios, yet it doesn't. I can change everything but the multiplier.
What gives?

PS little messy with the grease there

Attachments

• 700close.jpg
    700close.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
They are cut. If you look closely you'll see a small line between seperating each connection.
You can connect these with a pencil. I recommend a mechanical 0.5mm lead pencil. works like a charm.

They look to me like they are infact connected. Is the option for multiplier greyed out in the bios or does it just not apeear. If its greyed out make sure cpu or system performance is set to expert. You might also want to consult you mb manual or failing that download the pdf from asus's website. You might have to cahnge multi's via dip switches on your mobo, not familiar with yours in particular. Also if nothi9ng else seems to work doing as the Coolest suggested and reconnecting them might work, but from the pic it appears thaey are connected.

The multiplier doesn't show at all, read through the manual (pdf download from Asus) Two versions of the manual so I'll double check the MoBo version see if there's some limitation there.

Fussed with the jumpers alittle, now they're back to the jumper-free settings and I tweek through the BIOS.

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? Asus A7V is at ver. 1011 I have 1007.

Thanx so far.

hmmm, that is intereseting. usually these old CPUs came with the L1s cut. anyway you need to set the CPU speed to manual in the BIOS for the multiplier option to be available.

A2500cc said:
The multiplier doesn't show at all, read through the manual (pdf download from Asus) Two versions of the manual so I'll double check the MoBo version see if there's some limitation there.

Fussed with the jumpers alittle, now they're back to the jumper-free settings and I tweek through the BIOS.

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? Asus A7V is at ver. 1011 I have 1007.

Thanx so far.

'twas the BIOS... upgraded to 1011 from 1007 now I can mulitiply!

Back