• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile voltage max different?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fletch

My board usually supports up to 1.850V. When I put my 2400 mobile in, it only lets me go up to 1.675V.

Has anyone else seen this with their mobile?

Is there a way I can fix this without modding the board?

(Edit: Forgot to mention I have a KT4VL)

I don't see the limit on my mobo. The voltage range is the same as before up to 2.1V. But I would never go higher than 1.85V anyway b/c I want my cpu to last more than 3 years.

I've had cpu die early due to higher voltage so I stop doing it for a couple years now.

Hrm. It's very odd - just won't let me set anything above 1.675 for whatever reason. It's stopping me from overclocking more - it must be fixed :D

Your mobo might allow upto 0.1v over stock which will explain what you're getting. with a Tbird or Palomino you have 1.75v default, with mobile chips, desktop mobo's read the default voltage as 1.575v, so this is probably what happening. You can either mod the L11s to get a higher default voltage, or do the wire trick.

*EDITed* Some typos

I tried the search, and don't see any how-tos or instructions for the L11 stuff (I imagine there's a thread somewhere). Can someone link me to it?

Thanks.

So is there no way to 'trick' the board into allowing higher voltages without making physical modifications?

Back