• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dead mushkin, Need some cheap choices on new mem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

A stick of my beloved Mushkin ram (256mb) has died, so im looking for a replacement stick at the moment though i cant see it happening.

I need some ram a gig set of dual channel no slower than pc4000. I havent really kept up with the ram that has come out over the past few months (anything to do with CH-5 really). So i need some advice on what to consider, and what just really shouldnt be bought:p. I dont have all that much money so a cheap option is what im looking for.

Also conserningmy mushkin ram, i still have a 256mb stick that works just fine, is this going to be posable to sell do you think? And how much for, im thinking i wont get much for it.

Thanks in advance

Scott

the ch5 chips are put in the pc3200-3500 stuff,with ur 3.0 maybe consider that or some samsung pc3700 .its cheap runs real hi (250-260) and runs decent timings at pc3200-3500 speeds

thanks. Although i am buying a gig of the stuff, and i might sell this 3.0c soon. So some pc4000 would be a nice choice if its not going to cost a bomb, any cheap pc4000 going about?

Ill check the samsung stuff thanks again :)

How did you kill that Mushkin stick? Voltage?

I saw someone saying he was happy with budget Geil sticks- but your OC expectations should be minimal. Stock timings aren't great and neither these nor ram frequency can be improved too much, judging from the report.

voltage i guess, :(. What speed was the Geil? I dont want to buy a gig of ram that i then have to upgrade in 3 - 4 months because i may get a new chip, ie i could get higher FSB than 250. Ill check out the Geil see prices etc.

Thanks

ouch, i really need pc4000 really i dont want to buy more ram later on. Thanks Tho.

The cheapest Gig set of pc4000 ive found is

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC4000 Ultra Series CAS2.5 (GL1GB4000DC) (MY-021-GL)

Thats 200Pounds :p I think ill justhave to run with 256 for a while.

[BBE]Jimbob said:
ouch, i really need pc4000 really i dont want to buy more ram later on. Thanks Tho.

The cheapest Gig set of pc4000 ive found is

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC4000 Ultra Series CAS2.5 (GL1GB4000DC) (MY-021-GL)

Thats 200Pounds :p I think ill justhave to run with 256 for a while.

Heh yeah I guess the "Ultra" series is no less pricey than the other premium brands. Maybe you could look for online stores selling it via pricewatch.com.

Good luck with the 256Mb in any case. :)

I found that the gold dragon version acturly cost more (not sure how that worked out) it was about £10 more.

Games are kinda sucky with 256mb ram and no chance in my playing any more FarCry for a while :(

Thanks anyway:)

Back