• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another bh6-d43 roadtrip tommorrow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

well, looks like bb and compusa are stocking up on kingston valuram for sunday, i think i ll plan a little road trip to 5 or 6 stores and see if i cant find some nice CHEAP bh6 and d43...

Wish we had more Best Buys and CompUSA's around here.

Btw, what are the numbers you look for on these things? I pass buy a CompUSA and BB on my way to work, so maybe it would be worth me stopping by and looking from time to time if I knew what to look for that they were carrying.

coachphil5 said:
i'll be the first one @ bb tommorow.
BB doesn't have kington rebate every week, check out their weekly ad online tonight save you some gas money.

yeah picked up a 512 (2*256) of hynix bt d43 kvr last week @ cc. got it up to 255 2.5-3-3-3-11 on a dfi lpb and a mobile xp 2400. at only 2.8v too. this stuff is great does better than my bh-5 and for a hell of alot less too. does kingston use the hynix chips in 512 sticks too I've only seen it in the 256 variety.

wow looks like i stirred up a hornets nest, lol. even without the rebate the bh6 is so expensive u could buy 2x512(if u can find some i only found 256) for 200.00 straight out. sell it for 250.00 to someone who needs it, and look like a hero... plus the d43 is really nice cheap pc4000/4100 for someone who needs just about 255-265..

perl, all u have to do is look inside the valuram box window for what u need, winbond bh6 or hynix bt-d43

jlin453 said:

What kind of chips?
hynix bt-d43's they fly too. 255 @ 2.8v. Best buy has a good sale this week it looks like. 99 bucks and a rebate so should work out to about the same as I payed for mine.

GOODLUCK ALL, AND GOOD HUNTING!!!

the newer stuff i tested last month, ran to about 260 2.5-4-4-7 and about 215-220 at 2-3-3-5. @ 2.8-2.9volts

Just got back from BB. Lots of 2*256 3200 sticks for 99-20 mir but I need 512 sticks and no dice on the pc 2700 ones. So I ended up wasting a trip. The BB near me has lots of Unbranded sticks that I'm just not willing to test out for 89 bucks cause if they suck I get a 15% restocking fee, or I have to sell em at a loss. No winbond chips of any type to be found. :( So all in all a pretty crappy trip for me. The next closest BB is like 40 miles away so I'm not gonna do that.

edit: my sticks run 2.5-3-3-3-11 up to 255 @ 2.8v but my board becomes unstable after that so i can't test further. runs cas 2 to about 220 I think.

Only thing I got was a PC2700 512mb w/hynix memory chips. I think they had another one. The 256x2 kit were infinion chips and the others were generic stuff (__mbx8 ddr)

No winbond :(

I went to CC and they had some centon memory with winbond ch-5's, but not interested in those.

man why can't I find a 512 stick. this ram is so fast but far Cry is almost unplayable with less than a gig. Well maybe next week. Jlin why didin't you get 2 of the sticks? dual channel goodness @ 230+ is great.

Back