• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton Probs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dirtydesaster

Hello
I'm from Germany also sorry für my English!;)
I have a Problem with my new Barton 2500+ Mobile!It's the IQZFA Stepping!So I came to 2,4GHZ@1,8V so If I go to 1,9V the System boot to Windows and then it crash!Why?It's normal that the 2500+ crash at 50°(120F)???What can I do?My complete System see you in my Signature!I hope you can understand me!:(

Welcome to the forums!

Sure, we understand you fine. Now, you say that it runs fine at 2.4ghz with 1.8v, but 1.9v makes it unstable? That seems odd, perhaps the chip doesnt like higher voltages...? Do I have your information right?

Some cpu's will top out around that, your chip may be one of them. 2.4 is a very respectable overclock, but I suspect there may be another factor effecting it. Could you tell us your other system specs? When you say that raising the voltage makes it unstable, the first thing that comes to mind is your power supply. You will need an on-brand psu of at least 400w normaly, preferable 450+, to get those overclocks.

Ohh, I looked at the link in your signature, and it says your ram is running at 220mhz, am I right? PC3200 is only rated to 200mhz, so you could also try loosening your memory timings or raising the voltage.

Thanks for your help!So you are right!but the problem is also at 12,5*200 by SPD!And when I took CL3 the system doesn't boot because it says Ram problem!but it works fine at the system in the signature!but I will more speed! :) but the CPU doesn't will! :(
Is the Motherboard the problem?Sometimes?The CPU has a good Stepping= I don't understand that I can't get 2,5GHZ!Also 2,4GHZ is very fine I think!

Another problem that could be the reason is that the temperatures are just too high. Some people have said that having high temps on the mobiles are making them unstable. I would suggest trying to get the temperatures under 45C and then testing to see if it is stable. To do this take off the case doors and have a fan blow air into the case. If that doesnt work, look back at Yurimans suggestions.

Yes!but would you read my first post you know that I say this with the tempsproblem!And in my another post I say that also doesn't work (12,5*200):Now ich have the Thermalright SLK900U should I buy the thermalright SP97?it he is better?

So it still reboots even after the temps are lower than 45C at 1.9v? If yes then like Yuri said, the Powersupply could be the problem or the CPU does not like high volts.

Yes you are right!I have a 550W Powersupply!that's sure not the problem!I Think the CPU or the Mainboard are the problems!That the PC reboot over 45° that has I read in a Forum in germany!I want buy a watercooling for the summer in the next month so that I can live with 2,4GHZ and when I have the watercooling I can go to.......GHZ!
Thx for your Answers

Back