• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I fix these...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Three of the gold fingers(is that what they're called?) came off my ram and no, I don't know where they are. What should I do? Is there anyone that could fix these?

ok what are u talking about the heatspreaders? or the gold slots were the pins go in? do you have a pic or a link? if its just the heat spreaders then that is simple you go buy ssome ram sinks and some artic adheasive you need to explain this more or sow us

Would that work? Has anyone tried it before? Guess I could go to the classifieds and ask for dead ream..

ya o man thats bad!!!!!
i would send it back that is defective no dought.

good thing i asked for a pic i thought u were talking about the heat spreader falling off.

my vote is send it back (if you can)
if not find some one like an electrition and ask for help

BRUTAL!!

Yeah I emailed Buffalo Tech with a picture; it's the weekend so I'll have to wait until the week. Funny thing is, looking at their website I found out their office is just 15 minutes from my apartment :D :D :D

You best look at replacing that mobo if the slots are damaged, the damage to the ram looks like arcing to me

I just finished having an email convo with their tech guy and he said I could drop by tomorrow to pick up the RMA replacement. Let me tell you guys something, these guys at Buffalo Tech are AWESOME! He was telling me how they were testing these "new" ch-5s and confirmed the voltage regulartor deal. He said people that tested with 3.2V have gone up to 240fsb on 2-2-2-11. I'm apparently going to be getting THAT stick that they were testing since they ran out of stock. I am very excited.

He wants me to test this ram on my vdimm modded NF7-S and report back to him my results. wow, I feel special :D :D :D

Last edited:
jlin453 said:
I just finished having an email convo with their tech guy and he said I could drop by tomorrow to pick up the RMA replacement. Let me tell you guys something, these guys at Buffalo Tech are AWESOME! He was telling me how they were testing these "new" ch-5s and confirmed the voltage regulartor deal. He said people that tested with 3.2V have gone up to 240fsb on 2-2-2-11. I'm apparently going to be getting THAT stick that they were testing since they ran out of stock. I am very excited.

If he's telling the truth, that is KICK-*** and you will be a lucky man.

:D

I'm seriously thinking of supporting Buffalo Tech for the rest of my life :D

I asked the guy about the warranty issue; he said officially they support up to 2.85V but we could talk in person about upping the vdimm and the warranty ;)

Ok here's my update: I went to their office yesterday afternoon. Bruce (the Buffalo Tech tech guy) showed me around their testing lab. It was pretty cool :) ). Anyways, he gave me the RMA replacement ch-5's. He also showed me the ch-5's that was paired up with my new ram. It was on a DFI motherboard running 500mhz @ 2-2-2-11 and 3.2V (He showed me in bios).

Back to my personal results, so far I have it on 220fsb with 3.22V and 2-2-2-11 (!!!!! my old ch-5's could never do this, always at 2-3-3-11). It passed 10 hours of memtest and is currently under prime95.(It's been running for about 4 hours). I'll try speeds after some burn in and making sure prime95 passes after a longer period of time.

Over all, very pleased with Buffalo Tech. The people there are really cool :)

Back