• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questions about the NF7-s/ NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

yo
i was wondering what is the deal with the nf7's dying real fast or dieing within the first 72 hours after yu get them?
is this common as it sounds or is it just idiots being idiots?
any help would be appreciated!:cool:

My NF7-s is solid as a rock, been running for a little under a week though. Small problem with Vcore fluctuations, but I haven't noticed any instability because of it.

There is a lot of stories in here about the Abit NF7-s but I reckon that they've perpetuated themselves and some people who have screwed their own boards post that it broke itself... Just a theory... :p

Ive had mine running for a few weeks with no problems, and a nice overclock...

I heard the horror storries too, but went ahead with it. Order from a place like newegg, and if it dies (and its not YOUR fault) send it back for an RMA. They do RMA's really fast, so you wont have as much down time as other places.

yo
i was wondering what is the deal with the nf7's dying real fast or dieing within the first 72 hours after yu get them?
You are correct. They either die immediatly or are rock solid. As you can tell....they still give pplz trouble (see sig)

...and yes I DO know what Im doing

There is a lot of stories in here about the Abit NF7-s but I reckon that they've perpetuated themselves and some people who have screwed their own boards post that it broke itself... Just a theory...
^^ Not quite. Mine cold booted on me out of the clear blue.

Turned it off to go to class... came back and its dead. This is the 2nd time I've gotten a cold boot from an NF7....

Do yourself a favor... buy BIOS savior. Its not a question of if...but rather when

that bios savior is freakin cool! but thanks for the headsup on the board. but one more question, ny idea what cuases alot of the skrewups?
any help would be appreciated!

Back