• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My NF7-S v2.0 mods (56k beware) R. I. P.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Yeah, this mobo has gone through a hellova lot of mods, it has served me well, ive been through alot of good times with this mobo, but unforetunately i am giving it to my brother now, hence the R.I.P. part.

I recently attempted a trace repair mod that worked partially, left the 3rd ramslot unusable and the FSB dosent go as high as before....

I now have a Dfi infinity, just got it, gona mod the hell out of that too =)

Without further adue, here are my mods:

First the motherboard as a whole, try and spot all the mods ;)

Attachments

• dsc01341.jpg
    dsc01341.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 212
ok, heres the southbridge mod, converted from an old pentium 1 heatsink.

It looks copper, but its not, its actually aluminum, the copper color is given by the anodizing layer on it.

Attachments

• dsc01342.jpg
    dsc01342.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 210
And here is the northbridge mod...

Yes thats right, that big heatsink is NOT on the CPU...

Thats the Northbridge heatsink, its a copper heatpipe heatsink, i 7volt modded it so it runs alot quieter than it did on the CPU...

by the way, before anyone asks, the northbridge heatsink was attatched with arctic alumina thermal epoxy...

The Dtek TC-4 waterblock is where the CPU is

Attachments

• dsc01343.jpg
    dsc01343.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 207
And here is the mosfet heatsink mod...

i hacked a pentium 3 heatsink to fit over the mosfets and around the capacitors, and believe it or not they are still burnin to the touch! Which is why i had to have a 120mm fan blowing on them...

when you run 230 FSB and high voltages them things get hot!

Attachments

• dsc01344.jpg
    dsc01344.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 204
That is a nice set of mods that you have done there. The DFI boards are mad overclockers, tell us what you get on em ;)

Back