• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Push It Any Higher Suggestions Plz :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kandiman23

Registered
Hi all, i was wondering if you guys can suggest if i can push it any further? or is anything setting me back? any help will be nice :)

My CPU specs are

GA-7N400PRO (just PRO)
Athlon XP 2600+ overclocked to 2700+ (2.24ghz)
1024mb DDR400 High Performance GEIL running in Dual DDR
ATI 9600 PRO AIW
240GB SATA Maxtor RAID Striped

CPU Voltage 1.7v
11x200=2.2ghz
My bios settings :
sys performance: expert
Fsb frequency: 200
cpu interface: aggressive
Memory frequency: Auto
memory timings/Expert setting : 11-4-4-2.5
agp frequency: I locked it at 66
thermal throttling: disabled

Many thanx :)

do u know the stepping o-f that chip?

set your ram timings to 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11 then up the fsb more to it gets unstable then up the voltage till its stable again

remember to keep temps under 55C full load

what do you mean by the "stepping of that chip"??

So my new ram timings will be 11-3-3-2.5? and if it gets unstable what voltage should i increase? the ram? or the vcore?

Many thanx :)

Damn! just found out that my cpu is a thoroughbred, thought it was a barton P:( ....

with my above settings on my thoroughbred, is the fsb too high or ne of the settings out of wack?

i don't know the limitations of the 2600+ thoroughbred

as long as its stable it should be fine

to find out the stepping u need to take the heatsink off and there will be a little black slip with numbers and letters on post them in here if u can

when u lower ram timings if it becomes unstable up the ram voltage by .1

ahh i see in the bios settings i see CPU Voltage Control and VCORE Overvoltage Control....which one should i up to get more stable clocks?

u should wait intill it becomes unstable in prime95 before u up the Voltage

get it to around 2.3ghz on stock Vcore if its unstable up the voltageby .25 then try prime95 again if fails up it by .25 again till it becomes stable

keep an eye on them temps dont go over 55C full load

what about memory frequency? should you leave it on auto or 100%?

Because it goes in percentages is it safe to got to 110% 115% and so on?

Back