• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mach I cools down but no computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Once my MachI cools down to 33C and the computer is supposed to kick in nothing happens. The red reset light stays on but no power light. After about 30 seconds the reset light goes out and still nothing happens.

This is after an over night Prime95 freeze up. I tried to reset the BIOS both by the dip switch and removing the battery in case it was a cold boot issue but that didn't help. Double checked for water anywhere as well and was clean. Any thoughts?

I dont have a mach I but i have run into problems with my computer not booting once in a while, usually after the power goes out. I have to unplug my PSU from the wall, and wait till i hear something inside discharge " Guessing capasitors ". After i hear this high pitch discharge sound i plug the computer back in, and it boots.

Hope this helps

Well, first thing to assess is if anything's died. Whack a heatsink on the CPU and fire the rig up on air and make sure it's all working fine by itself...

What board are you usign? msot 865/875 boards don't work with the mk1 in regards to the automatic startup at -33c(i hope you meant -33c and not 33c lol). I think the epox boards might work with it, but am not sure. If you have one of the boards that doesn't work you need to get a seperate psu to kick it on.

Back