• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinity Madness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

My original goal for my 2600+ mobile was to be 10x250. About now I'm sure that I'll have problems going for 10x240. I have Mushkin Pc 3500 black level 2 512mb so fsb shouldn't be a problem. Anyways here are my questions.

Why are there 5 - 6 ram settings? I thought that the only ram timings I should be concerned with were 2-2-2-6 for my bh-5?

Is there anyway to safeguard against the "Disk boot error" ? I'm reloaded Windows XP and everything else for the second time on this beautiful Sunday.

What are normal temperatures for an SLK-900a with a 2700rpm 92mm fan ( Enermax ).

Finally, I had troubles using my USB keyboard with the bios of the Infinity. Does this motherboard have issues with USB keyboard support?

Thinking of lowering my goal to 10x240 but regardless what voltages should I expect to be using for 10x250?

Much madness and frustration, thanks.

For the disk boot error, set hard drive access mode to lba or chs in the bios. The auto settng doesn't seem to work correctly with this board.

You can probably expect around 3.2 vdimm for the ram, and 1.8 vcore. You just have to try it and see.

you'll most likely have to flash to a different bios to reach 240-250 fsb. Don't lower your goal just yet.

You might need to turn off cpc to reach 250fsb as mushbin black level II 512mb is double sided, if the bh-5 was single sided it would be a different story. You can also try pumping more volts into that BH-5.

Hellfire is that your 24/7 speed that u run your mobile at? thats amazing. what kinda temps are u getting with that SP-97? what vdimm and vdd are u using?

My everyday speed is 2760mhz (240x11.5) @ 1.87volts in MBM5 and hardware doctor. I running it at 2831 when benching which is also perfectly stable Primed 72 hours and at that speed my idle is 42C and load is 49C, this is with a tornado on a rheobus.

*Edit* ATM my good NF7-S is dead, the one that did high fsbs, so I bought another NF7-S which turned out to be crap. So now am selling my crappy NF7-S on ebay and waiting for my DFI Infinity to come so ATM I can't do any screenies but once I am up with the Infinity I'll be sure to post some screenies. The first batch of these mobiles, I think were the best and after they started to degrade in speed IMO the IQYFA 0343 is the best stepping avalible for the mobiles.

Last edited:
Back