• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad 2600m ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

I have a 2600 mobile on a dfi and I've tried just slowly overclocking it. I'm 10x200 at default voltages and it's no good right now. What's up with that? I would figure that it would at least do 10x200 at stock V ?

the stock being 1.45v, right?

don't expect too much on default voltages, crank it up.

i think up to 1.9 on a midrange air won't get you above 50C with these.

another point. make sure your m/b doesn't undervolt;

also make sure your other components are good to go up to 200 fsb (memory and chipset). try 166X12 and see if there's an improvement.

I'm getting a 40ºc reading with stock voltages so that's what's really worrying me. I lost Windows earlier today so I'm going to install motherboard monitor 5 and then check out the temperatures again. I'll see how high I can go around 50 - 60ºC under load and then I'll pull the heatsink out and check my thermal paste job.

what's your heatsink and what thermal compaund are you using?

also, what's the speed of the memory you've got?

SLK-900a with a 90mm enermax fan pushing 60cfm @ 2700rpm. I'm using AS3. I also have Mushkin Black level 2 Pc 3500. I'm trying for a total of 10x250.

topslop1 said:
I have a 2600 mobile on a dfi and I've tried just slowly overclocking it. I'm 10x200 at default voltages and it's no good right now. What's up with that? I would figure that it would at least do 10x200 at stock V ?

hmm, that shouldnt happen. mobile 2600+ stock run @ 2ghz, 15x133, I think. you may need .025 more volts for 11x200. are you sure its a mobile?

topslop1 said:
I'm getting a 40ºc reading with stock voltages so that's what's really worrying me. I lost Windows earlier today so I'm going to install motherboard monitor 5 and then check out the temperatures again. I'll see how high I can go around 50 - 60ºC under load and then I'll pull the heatsink out and check my thermal paste job.

what? thats WAY too hot. I get 41'C @ 1.75v on my tbred b @ idle and 47'C at load. i use slk-900u and 92mm tornado.

theres something wrong with your cooling. at stock you should be gettin low 30's, high 20's with good cooling at idle.

Gogeta_G3D said:

what? thats WAY too hot. I get 41'C @ 1.75v on my tbred b @ idle and 47'C at load. i use slk-900u and 92mm tornado.

theres something wrong with your cooling. at stock (1.45v) you should be gettin low 30's, high 20's with good cooling at idle.

I re-did my thermal paste job and I'm in very nice temperatures now. So I'm up to 10x220 at 1.8volts and I'm trying for 10x230 now. I can boot up at 10x230 but Prime95 fails in under a minute. I try booting with 1.85 and 1.9 and it's the same story. I think that it's my powersupply that's not feeding well. I have an offbrand 420 watt turbolink power supply. I'm thinking about swapping it with a 300 watt enlight to see if I can get a better Oc. What you all think?

topslop1 said:
I re-did my thermal paste job and I'm in very nice temperatures now. So I'm up to 10x220 at 1.8volts and I'm trying for 10x230 now. I can boot up at 10x230 but Prime95 fails in under a minute. I try booting with 1.85 and 1.9 and it's the same story. I think that it's my powersupply that's not feeding well. I have an offbrand 420 watt turbolink power supply. I'm thinking about swapping it with a 300 watt enlight to see if I can get a better Oc. What you all think?

You need more then 300w...the NF7-S req. at least a 350w PSU...and if you have a 9800 or newere Nvidia card...those req. at least 350w PSU also...

Why spend the money for good hardware and cheap out on a PSU...the PSU is the heart of the system...especially when OCing...

I got the powersupply with the case and I didn't think much about it. Guess I'll be ordering a powersupply now. What's the difference between Antec and Forton? I think I'll be buying a 450 watt psu from either company.

Back