• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordering RAM seperatley Vs. Ordering Dual channel Packs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sophisticated

Since alot of companies Test Dual channel RAM together would it be any different just buying 2 seperate sticks because that would be cheaper @ Komusa.....i mean i know it will be the same but since they are seprate they wont be tested together would it affect my OC??? Its A-data what could go wrong ordering seprately:)

Its mainly a sales gimmick but it doesn't hurt to buy them together if its only a few bucks. Usually shipping for two items versus one item equals out to the difference anyways.

man the Dual channel pack of 1gig @ Komusa is at $288 but seperatley if i get 1 gig from there it would be $271...i mean hey that extra 17 bucks can go towards a Vantec Tornado for a SP-94:)

You don't need to get a DC kit. But if all the companies out there are like ocz then they would be hand testing and matching sticks to run together @bEst speed/timings. If they all do that I don't really know......so maybe it's not needed for all companies

Steve

mrspec3 said:
You don't need to get a DC kit. But if all the companies out there are like ocz then they would be hand testing and matching sticks to run together @best speed/timings. If they all do that I don't really know......so maybe it's not needed for all companies

Steve

yeah with most companies its a crap shoot, however i am on the conservative side and if it doesnt cost alot more what the heck get dc. some individual sticks are more susceptible to noise harmonics etc. and could possibly run ok individually but not together. although this is unlikely ive seen it happen....

Back