• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD CPU L5 + L6 Bridge mod, question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tough Cookie

Registered
Hi all,

After reading some reviews on the AMD XP to MP and AMD XP to Mobile CPU modifications I was thinking about doing this myself. (Sounds fun!) :D

Specs

380 Antec True Power PSU
AN7 v 1.0 with latest bios
XP2500
Silent Boost
A280 TDH TI4200 128DDR x 8
80gig 8mb cache
40mb seagate
I have already put a better heat sink with new heat transfer glue on NB
1gig 2 x 512 DDR 400 Kinston Value RAM
Case cooling
2 x Optical drives

Has anyone in OC done this on this setup?

Some info I couldn't find in detail was which mobos it worked on. In the reviews it said it would only work on certain mobos. Can anyone clarify if they have done it on or know if it will work on a Abit AN7 v 1.0 latest bios?
Or if they know if an AMD XP-Mobile or an AMD MP CPU will work on the Abit AN7 v 1.0?

These are some links that I read to find out how to do it.
If I get it working I will post on OC to tell you how it went.

www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/A...P_Multiplier.htm
www.ocprices.com/?rev_id=184
www.ocworkbench.com/2004...bartonwk43-3.htm
fab51.fc2web.com/pc/bart...hlon-e23.html#L6

In the end (if all goes well) I'm hoping to get a Mobile-MP 2.4Ghz from my XP2500 :D (Think it is possible?). That's best case scenario, if I do get any improvement from it and working, that will make me happy too... :p

All suggestion and hints of what could/will/might go wrong will be appreciated this is my first OC of this magnitude, wish me luck :)

Thanks all.

Well I can guarantee that the AN7 works fine with mobiles. I'm using an XP-M2600 now. I took out an XP-M2400 and dabbled with an XP-M2500 prior to that. The latest bios is 16 I believe. I tried it out for about 10mins, but it's teh sux compared to Enduracell & Tictac's modded BIOS' so I dumped it shortly thereafter. The only thing funny with an XP-M in an AN7 is the lovely unkown CPU thing, but it works just fine. I know nothing about turning a desktop CPU into a mobile or MP. My eyes sux and I got x-eyed unlocking pallys back in the day. I'm not anxious to go back there again. :)

You will not be able to change multiplier with software on ANY motherboard that is using nforce2 as the chipset. And as your is nf2, there's no reason for you to do the mod. It will only work on some SiS boards and VIA KT266 and up chipsets

Back