• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i get a bad mobile 2500+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neop

prime error after 7hrs with 1.95v and 200 x 12.5

running 5:6 on the rams cos my ddr400 sucks

anything else i missed out?

It might have failed because of the RAM although saying that it could have over heated or anyhting.... but 7 hours of prime 95 tourture test is pretty good going!

The question you need to ask yourself is how long does it need to last at 100% CPU rate in Prime 95 to be stable? I would use some other types of testing to see if it's stable.

if you are using AMD then run 1:1 dont do anything else.... anything else can screw up the bios or your overclock. if you want to run at 333 only then up the multiplier and run 333 that way.

also, 1.95v is WAY to much for a mobile 2500 with air cooling (unless you have some super air cooling technique with a ton of CFM etc) so you can very well have your cpu overheating...

pretty much all mobile 2500's can do 2400mhz with much less voltage.... try 1.75v or 1.8v.

but i am pretty sure the ram issue is what is causing your prime to fail.

oic, will try them later before i zzz
btw i using water cooling, but ambient temp over here is 30+ so my water cooling is onli equivalent to ur air cooling =(

So what are your load temperatures anyway? The ambients here are over 30 as well but for me with my air cooling and a damn hot pally - the load temps will barely go over low 50's.

Keeping things in perspective... getting 2500MHz out of a processor that is packaged to run at around 1800MHz isn't too shabby. ;)

load temps are bout 60 =(
did 166 synchronus still error after 8hrs @ 2500mhz 1.95v

with dd maze 4
shld be the cpu, it's an RPMW

see how much i have to top up to get another mobile maybe will change =]

Wow that is high for water cooling you sure you have it all set up correctly? Certainly is not the cpu at fault after all it is running at 1.95V and approx 40% overclocked.

hmmm my sys temp now is 33c, cpu @ stock @ idle is 40c
izzit ok?

Last edited:
Back