• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V600 Mobo temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Obvious

My A7V600 seems to have a rather high mobo temp, It runs at 34°c on hot days. and 31°c on cooler days. The thing is, its only running 2 to 3 degrees cooler than my cpu at idle. (stock XP3200+ for now) Is this normal for this chipset? I have good case flow. and this is a worker, not a gamer, used for DVD work and photo editing. Should I add a fan to the northbridge?

I imagine you're running it at 333 FSB, and usually the stock cooler is just enough. 35C isn't nearly too hot for a chip of its kind, so I doubt you would see a difference if you added a heatsink with a fan. But, later, come time dust settles in, it might aleviate some of the chance of it ever becoming unstable. Eventually it will work it's way up a few more degrees.

Mine ran at about 35 C on a normal day so I reckon your is fine. Plus I live in a relatively colder climate by the looks of it. Don't worry.

With my A7V600 and 2500xp @ 11x200fsb with 1.75vcore setting in bios which is actually displayed as 1.71vcore in bios hardware monitor and MBM & Asus probe. In a warm room and a Chieftech Dragon case with 5X 80mm-32 cfm rated fans. With the fans setup as follows:

2 front intake, 2 rear exhaust and 1 side fan intake

Mobo temp = 27 C average room temp.
=29 C very warm room

CPU Idle temp. = 43 C average room temp.
= 45 C very warm room

Back