• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with my mem timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjero

Registered
I had my 2500 barton OCed to 2.2GHz, my memory timings were at 2.5 3 3 11, and everything seemed to be stable. I changed my heatsink yesterday and when I cranked it back up the BIOS went haywire and I had to flash my BIOS. So Im am now embarking on my second attempt at OCing.

Anyway, I noticed on newegg that in the item specs it says:

Specification
Manufacturer: Geil
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5 6-3-3
Support Voltage: 2.55V-2.85V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit
Special Features: With Extreme Performance Heat Spreader
Warranty: Lifetime

and was wondering if it would be best to set my mem timings @ Cas Latency: 2.5 6-3-3Support Voltage: 2.55V-2.85V

If the SPD on your memory is 2.5-6-3-3, I'm not sure I understand why you were running it at 2.5-11-3-3, but I doubt it'll make any difference in speed. Does your motherboard automatically detect the memory timing?

tRAS timing is a tricky timing that lacks the impact on performance as the other three more common timings (tCL, tRCD, tRP). If I were you, I would do fine with 2.5-3-3-11 timings - with a nF2 chipset it may offer you fractionally better performance then 2.5-3-3-6 either way.

Back