• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PMI Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lan_Of_Malkier

I am going for the big-uns here. I want to order some 4000 or 4500 ram as I am SURE my o/c is limited here (current set-up doesn't like mem devide).

Has anyone used PMI's high bandwidth stuff? Specs are same as OCZ and Corsair, but it's a little cheaper.

It'll be running 1:1 most likely never over 250 fsb as I only have medeocre air right now. So it'll be underspec 99% of the time.

Thanks guys

the older pc4000/4200/4400 used binned bt-d43. the newer stuff is starting to show up with the newer ct-d5, so basically the chips are almost all the same. the difference with ocz(and why it costs more) is they hand test some of the higher quality stuff like the pc4200 el/ pc4400 etc. also they WANT to make u happpy unlike alot of other companies..

The little more expansive cost for OCZ memory is for OCZ support people like Tony and Sean to get their paychecks or maybe some extra bonus ;0. Paying people in the US costs a bit more then paying people in India or China to work product support. PMI is a major OEM player that dishes out decent quality PC-4000 with the standard Hynix chips.

^^^

:D

When an end user buys our product they buy the complete OCZ package. This means our excellent product quality, our lifetime warranty and lifetime tech support. These things, as well as other contributing reasons, are the reasons our product has a price premium over generic memory. Of course, once factoring these things in, the price premium becomes less of an issue.

I can't comment on PMI, but I can tell you that if you buy our product you will be happy with it. If you can give me more info on your current system specs I can find you the most suitable set of memory in your price range.

-Sean

Sean,

Here's my system and wanted/desired effects.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-L
Proc.: Pentium 4 2.8c D1
Memory: Nanya Tech. (Elixer chip) 2 x 512 pc3200

I can run this memory 1:1 up to 210 FSB, but above that I have to cut it. From what I can tell, the Memory (or board) doesn't like this because from 211-238 and sometimes up to 244, I can get things to run nicely but I experience random freeze-ups. I am fairly posative that it is not the proc crapping out. My volts are all fine and temps within spec. When I run a devider, it seems to respond more stable when the memory is at or close to 400 (whatever bus range that is at 5:4).

At any rate. I know I can do 3.4 on this chip easy, it can take it. I want memory that I can run 1:1 at all times so I can go there and beyond.

Applications are heavy media (music/video encode, decode and graphics [Acad VIS and Land desktop]) so I need at least a Gig of memory in dual channel to satisfy my desires for performance.

Thanks for your Help!

Back