• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a relaible 2500-M overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

collins8

Registered
I am hoping a few of you guys with a similar setup as mine would share some of your expertise with me. I am looking for some reliable/stable overclock settings.
I am cooling on air.
If you guys would, please share your FSB, multiplier, and memory timing numbers. I can tweak the voltages in to make them work. I just want something my setup should do easily until I can read and learn some more. I was slowly uping the FSB until I just read that it is bad news to up the FSB in small incriments because it gets the other compnets out of Sync and can cause problems with them. I really need to take a day and read everything out there before I move on. I just need some tried and true numbers to set things at until I filter through some of the info available.

Rob

this place is a hive for great info. just take some time and read thru you'll be fine.

but outta the box at default voltages, you'll be able to hit 3200+ speeds. just set your fsb to 200 and ur multi to 11. this is if you have ddr400 ram of course. anything higher or lower and you'll have to adjust your fsb.

Hey i got a close setup

11.5x210 @ 2.4 1.76vcore

12x210 @ 2.5 1.95 vcore

i got the mushkin 222 special and they only do about 215 at 2.91v
see my sig also.

Brock8503

I have tried everything to get it stable at 215fsb x11 and the best I can do is get it to run Prime 95 fro about an hour or two. My memory timings are 8-3-3-2.5. Would setting it to 11-2-2-2 help??

OK
I can run Prime95 blend test for 8 hours with the following settings 200FSB X11 with Vcore at 1.675. My memory timings were at 8-3-3-2.5.
I changed my memory to 11-2-2-2 and it will not run the blend test at all. I left everything else alone.
What do I change to get it stable??

Rob

Does anyone have a good link to a description of memory timing settings, what they mean and how they relate to overclocking??

first set your multiplier as low as you can and set the vdimm as high as if goes which i believe is 2.9. then overclock your ram to the highest where it is still memtest stable. start raising the multiplier making sure it is prime stable. let it run 15-30 minutes blend priority 10. when you cant pass 15-30 minutes, bump up the vcore. when you think you've reached your tops or whatever you plan to overclock to, let prime run at least 24 hours without error. if you get errors. bump up your vcore or lower your clock

My goal was to get good performance, but I didn't want to generate a lot of heat. My MB forces me to use 1.575v. With this voltage, I can comfortable run my CPU at 12X190 for 2280MHz. I run my BH-6 memory synchronously at 2-2-11 speeds.

I'm getting 3200 speeds at a lower voltage.

I've pushed my CPU and I can get a lot more from it. If I increase the voltage I can keep those memory timings and run it at 11X220... but my temps start to rise.

I just want rock solid stability and good temps. I'll sacrifice a couple hundred MHz for that. You can only tell the difference in performance if you benchmark.

Not too bad for a $93 CPU.

Back