• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dallas one temp probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazythunder

i have a dallas one wire temp probe used on my matrox orbital lcd. it's great because through the lcdc software, i can set it to shutdown pc at desired temp-(i broke the motherboard diode off, doh!!) anyone have any experience with these? i set it in the cpu core because it has a big round head on it. not that big, but it's definitely not flat. i fed the wires between the cpu pins and placed the probe directly in the center of the core with a small piece of electrical tape. no thermal tape around. ****s hard to find. was getting a reading of around 40c. i knew that was definitely not right. this was at idle. maybe it shifted a bit when i was placing the huge polarflo block on?i then proceeded to place a flat temp probe from my compunurse directly next to the die, maybe even touching it slightly and once again applied a small piece of electrical tape. reading was then 28.4c . which would you trust? maybe the dallas one probe wires made my cpu not sit correctly? it felt like it seated ok after i lowered the arm on the socket. i wish all those bay devices that monitor temps would include some kind of interface to be able to shutdown the pc. their kinda useless for watercooling. anyways, i'd really like some feedback from anyone who has had any experience placing one of these probes like i did and if they thought the temps were wrong. wouldn't the cpu die be hotter than the core? thanks in advance.

Back