• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazythunder

i have no idea how to find out if this is an unlocked chip or not, so i thought i'd ask the pro's. axda2700dk3vd 9298633260449 aiugb024sspbw

aiugb024sspbw yes, that's what it says. i've got bad eyes, but i even had my kid read it to me to confirm,

I haven't seen that before either. It appears to have been made in 2002 and so it could be unlocked.

Foolproof method of checking is to go in to BIOS, change the multi and try to boot. :)

Added: If it boots, use WCPUID or some similar program (CPU-Z also works well) to see if your CPU frequency has changed.

Your CPU should be FSBxMult = Speed. See if it all jives. If it doesn't it's locked.

i know very little about steppings etc... but, what, do i have some kind of "unknown" cpu? lol

Default 2700+ multiplier is 13.

You are running it at 200 x 11.

This means your multiplier is 11.

11 is not 13 therefore it's unlocked.

You do not have an unkonown CPU, it's a standard 2700+ Thoroughbred B.

More then likely you have stepping "AIUGB 0245SPBW" instead of "AIUGB 024sspbw", AMD uses a type of font that makes the number "5" look like a letter "S". If that is the case you have a CPU made the 45th week of 02 which should be unlocked.

Back